A 5-Star Splendour at the City Centre
The 5-star, 23-storey Hotel Istana City Centre Kuala Lumpur is centrally located at Jalan Raja Chulan in Kuala Lumpur’s prestigious Golden Triangle. Renowned shopping malls such as Pavilion, Lot 10, Starhill, Suria KLCC and Changkat Bukit Bintang entertainment hub are at its doorstep. Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) and the Petronas Towers are a 10-minute walk away via the Skybridge, while the KL International Airport is an hour’s drive away. The hotel has an efficient road and rail transport, and limousine service.
Istana Hotel has 486 well-appointed guestrooms and suites with complimentary Wifi (100 mbps) throughout the hotel premises, perfect for leisure and business travelers. Other facilities include a Grand Ballroom, 19 function rooms, 5 Food and Beverage outlets, Fitness Centre, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi and a Spa.
- Language: Bahasa Melayu, English, Chinese, and Indian dialects
- Weather: Regular temperature is between 22 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (RM)
- Clothing: Casual and informal for social occasions. Office and business suits are general attire for day-to-day work. Some restaurants might require jackets and ties for men and cocktail dresses for ladies. Batik is regarded as official wear.
- Major Festivals and Holiday: Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Chinese New Year, Christmas, Deepavali, Thaipusam, Wesak Day, Hari Raya Aidiladha, Pesta Kaamatan (Harvest Festival)
- Business Hours: Government business hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Mondays to Fridays). Every Friday, a lunch/prayer break is done from 12:15 pm to 2:45 pm. Meanwhile, private sector working hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Mondays to Fridays) and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Saturdays). Banking hours vary from bank to bank but are generally from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (Mondays to Fridays).
- International Airports: Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Langkawi International Airport in Kedah, Bayan Lepas International Airport in Penang, Kuching International Airport in Sarawak, Kota Kinabalu International Airport in Sabah. Istana Hotel KL’s location is 65 km from the airport via taxi. It only takes a 30-minute drive via KLIA Transit.